Product Design Engineer
NIL Technology is growing, and we are looking for a new colleague to join our Engineering team in Horgen (Zürich), Switzerland. As a Product Designer, you will be the technical project lead bringing our world class products based on highly advanced diffractive optical components and metaoptics from design to development and mass-production.
In your role, you have the high-level overview off all technical aspects of the product. In the design process, you consider the constraints from mastering, process, assembly and testing. You are the main responsible for the technical documentation and key interface between mastering-, process- and test-teams. Externally, you will work with suppliers and represent the company towards our customers as main technical interface.
You will collaborate closely with colleagues in Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, and US. With your target-oriented approach to work, you will successfully navigate the fast-paced work environment typical for the consumer electronics industry. As a part of the young and dynamic team where we strive for mutual success, your contributions will be key to the growth and success of the company. You will be part of a company that value all opinions, and we have a profound team spirit with strong “we win and lose together” mentality.
Read more about working at NILT here: https://www.nilt.com/join-us/
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position
- Technical driver of the opto-mechanical Design Process (DFM, FMEA)
- Owner of product related technical documentation (Technical drawings, specs to suppliers & subcontractors)
- Anticipate technical risks and mitigate them
- Technical interface between optical design, testing, process-development, reliability, etc.
- Interacting with suppliers to define specifications (wafers, epoxies, coatings, etc.)
- Main technical interface to customer, providing regular updates & data analysis
Skills & Experiences
- AutoCAD and Solidworks (or similar software) skills
- Knowledge in mechanical design (DFM) & failure analysis (FMEA, Fishbone, 8D, DOE)
- Background in optics and materials is a major plus
- Systematic and structured approach to solving problems
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Flexible and customer-oriented mindset
- Resilience in the face of challenges & ability to improvise
- Independent, work towards an objective rather than following instructions
Qualifications & Profile
- MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Microengineering, Electronic Engineering or similar
- 1-5 years’ work experience. Graduates are also welcome
- Fluent in English (required). German is a plus
What NILT offers
- Dynamic but easy-going start-up work environment with flat hierarchies
- Newly built office and cleanroom facilities next to the train station of Horgen and Lake Zurich
- Opportunity to grow with the company and develop skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Flexible working times and strong team spirit
We will evaluate applications as they are received, and we will be happy to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than 30th of September 2020. Start date: as soon as possible, flexible.
We encourage you to send us your application by email to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Product Design Engineer_your name”. The application should as minimum include a motivation letter and a CV showing previous related experiences.
You application may be stored with the company for up to 6 months unless you request otherwise.