NIL Technology is growing and we are looking for our new colleague to join our R&D team.
We are expanding our R&D team with a metasurface specialist, for development and design of metalenses and other optical metasurfaces for use in lens modules and light shaping. Examples of use are optical sensors and imaging modules. The metasurface specialist will work in close collaboration with module design, design optimization and metasurface processing.
The work includes everything from keeping track of the literature, propose materials, design method development, meta-atom design, preparing concepts and designs for metalenses or other functions such as diffusers or beam splitters.
You will be part of a company that offers a fast moving and busy work environment, where all opinions are valued together. We have a strong team spirit and a profound “we win and we lose together” attitude which we value and culture. See more on www.nilt.com/join-us/
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position
- Design and modelling of metasurfaces
- Evaluate implementations and selection of appropriate design methods
- Development of new concepts for the implementation of metasurfaces
- Engage with the optics design team to improve and further develop our design capabilities
- Structured reporting and documentation
- MSc or PhD or similar in photonic modelling or similar
- Understanding of optical metasurfaces
- Solid understanding of Maxwell’s equations and solving them numerically in nanostructured materials
- Experience with optical modelling
- Solid programming experience
- Experience with fabrication and measurements of metasurfaces
- Understanding of lenses and optical systems
- Understanding of design tolerances vs performance for nano-optical systems
- Experience with parallel programming
- Open mindedness and to work independently and in team
- Structured and analytical work approach
- Excellent communication skills (in English as we are an international team)
- Ambitions and continuous strive to deliver best possible results
- Curious personality who is always trying to find reasonable explanations
- Flexibility and ability to quickly change daily operations when needed
- To develop and design metasurfaces that provide superior optical performance in products within consumer electronics
- Develop state-of-the art metasurface designs to be transferred to our production team and to our customers
- From the start you need to show that you can work as a part of the team and be very collaborative with your colleagues
Start date: as soon as possible. Depending on the candidate, the workplace can either be Copenhagen, Denmark or Zürich, Switzerland.
We will evaluate applications as they are received and we will be happy to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than Sunday 31st of May 2020. We encourage you to send us your application by email to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Metasurface specialist”. The application should as minimum include motivation, CV and a description of previous related experience.
You application may be stored with the company for up to 6 months unless you request otherwise.
About NIL Technology
NIL Technology (NILT) is a well-funded, IP rich, innovative nano-optics company located in Denmark. Currently, we have 41 employees distributed between four locations in Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland and USA. We are working with clients from more than 30 countries and we are participating in several national and EU financed development projects. Our team consists of people with background from 16 different countries and the company language is English. We are currently 7 women and 34 men, and more than 50% of the company holds a PhD degree. The company raised close to $10M in 2018 from seasoned executives from the industry, as well as from major tech private equity investors.