Accounting and controlling assistant
NIL Technology is growing, and we are looking for a new colleague to join our global finance team in Copenhagen, Denmark. As an Accountant and controlling assistant you will be supporting our company with various financial tasks such as making sure that all transactions are booked properly and building world class month-close procedures.
Apart from having an in-depth understanding of how to ensure correct accounting, you have the ability to understand our business and new technologies. You know how to work with ERP systems, make accruals, depreciations and submitting the salary for our Swedish and Danish staff.
You will collaborate closely with the finance team in Denmark and colleagues in Switzerland, Sweden and US. With your target-oriented approach, you will successfully navigate the fast-paced work environment typical for the consumer electronics industry. As a part of a young and dynamic team where we strive for mutual success, your contributions will be key to the growth and success of the company. You will be part of a company that values all opinions and have a profound team spirit with a strong “we win and lose together” mentality.
Read more about working at NILT here: https://www.nilt.com/join-us/
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for invoice handling through Continia. Review dimensions and VAT and guiding our Finance Assistant on how to improve the data and processes
- Register incoming and outgoing payments including creating the payments in online banking
- Daily and weekly bookkeeping
- Monthly closing tasks such as accruals, reconciliations, depreciations etc.
- Handling salary for Swedish and Danish employees and be the contact person to our US and Swiss salary consultants
- Employee related tasks such as reviewing absence registrations and apply for reimbursements
- Interacting with suppliers and customers regarding financial items
- VAT and other reporting
- Refining the processes and help finalizing the implementation of our new ERP system (Business Central / Navision)
Skills & Experiences
- Solid ERP experience, preferably knowledge in Navision or Business Central
- Experienced in salary and knowledge of Swedish and Danish employment rules is a plus
- You are a team player and like to interact with different parts of the organization
- Systematic and structured approach to solving problems
- Great hands-on accounting skills
- Ability to help developing and improving the accounting processes
- Open-minded attitude and striving to help and making life easier for other people
- Independent, work towards an objective rather than following instructions
Qualifications & Profile
- Previous accounting experience
- Self-driven in any aspects of accounting
- Fluent in English (required), Danish is a plus
What NILT offers
- Dynamic but easy-going start-up work environment with flat hierarchies
- Nice office facilities in our HQ located in Lyngby north of Copenhagen.
- Opportunity to grow with the company and develop skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Flexible working hours and strong team spirit
We will evaluate applications as they are received, and we will be happy to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than 18th of October 2020. Start date: as soon as possible.
We encourage you to send us your application by email to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Accountant_your name”. The application should as minimum include a motivation letter and a CV describing previous related experiences.
Your application may be stored with the company for up to 6 months unless you request otherwise.