Sr. System Engineer for SWIR applications
NIL Technology (NILT) designs, develops and delivers optical elements and components for consumer electronics, with a strong focus on 3D sensing. Based on our technology leadership in high-accuracy masters and experience in replication and testing of optical components, we are committed to being first with next generation of advanced optical sensing and imaging products. To achieve this, we are growing our team and looking for a Sr. System Engineer to join us in Horgen (Zurich), Switzerland.
Your responsibility is to define next generation optical products for SWIR applications, through interaction with our customers, partners and internal teams. You will be the focal point between our product development and technology teams, providing input and guidance but also doing hands-on work in the characterization and benchmarking of components and products.
You will work closely with our material, optics, process and product teams, spread across our sites in Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland and US. You will be based in our Swiss office in Horgen (Zurich) and report to the VP Business Operations.
You will be part of a company that offers a fast moving and busy work environment, where all opinions are valued together. We appreciate team spirit and mutual success very high. We have a profound “we win and we lose together” spirit which we value and culture.
Read more about working at NILT here: nilt.com/join-us/
Responsibilities of the position
- Monitor trends in consumer and mobile market
- Scout for new technologies enabling SWIR applications
- Identify new product requirements
- Lead definition and development of product specifications
- Support the execution of new product and technology development projects
- Drive characterization of products and benchmark to competition
- Report internally on progress and present results to the management team
- Provide technical interface to customers
- Travel between NILT sites and to customers (approx. 15%)
- MSc or PhD in electrical or optics engineering or similar
- At least 8 years working experience
- Deep insight into opto-electrical components (light sources and sensors), materials and applications for SWIR waveband
- Good knowledge about module and system design for optical sensors, incl camera’s
- Strong preference for someone with an experience in SWIR optical sensing
- Hands-on lab and characterization experience
- Entrepreneurial personality, at ease with unstructured problems
- Pro-active and independent working style, anticipate risks and issues
- Willingness to travel (pending COVID-19)
What NILT offers
- Dynamic but easy-going start-up work environment with flat hierarchies
- Newly built office and cleanroom facilities next to the train station of Horgen and Lake Zurich
- Opportunity to grow with the company and develop skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Flexible working times and strong team spirit
We will evaluate applications as they are received, and we will be happy to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than October 18th, 2020. Start date: as soon as possible.
We encourage you to send us your application by email to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “System Engineer _your name”. The application should as minimum include a motivation letter and a CV describing previous related experiences.
Your application may be stored with the company for up to 6 months unless you request otherwise.