Step and Repeat Process Development Engineer
NIL Technology is growing, and we are looking for a new colleague to join our team in Horgen (Zürich), Switzerland. As a member of the Engineering team, you will take the lead in developing a step and repeat nanoimprint process and customized equipment for that purpose.
Your objective is to establish a robust and scalable step and repeat nanoimprint process that allows to multiply highly accurate nanostructures across full wafer scale at high structure fidelity and fast turnaround-time.
In your role, you will perform material tests, process optimizations and analyze microfluidic flow using a lab setup. Internally, you will work in close collaboration with the mastering, process, product design and test teams. You will regularly present your findings to the team and take into considerations their feedbacks. Externally, you will work with equipment manufacturers and material suppliers.
You will be part of developing technology for mass production of advanced optical components, and you are considered an expert in your field. With your target-oriented approach to work, you will successfully navigate the fast-paced work environment typical for the consumer electronics industry.
As a part of the young and dynamic team where we strive for mutual success, your contributions will be key to the growth and success of the company. You will work closely with colleagues in Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden and US and you will be part of a company that value all opinions. We have a profound team spirit with strong “we win and lose together” mentality.
Read more about working at NILT here: https://www.nilt.com/join-us/
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a Step-and-Repeat nanoimprint lithography process using a Lab-setup
- Feedback material / design & geometry constraints to the team
- Characterize Nanostructures with 3D scanner
- Document and present results to the team
- Establish specifications for equipment & materials to suppliers
Hard Skills & Experiences
- Hands-on person knowing how to work in a lab
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge in materials & microfluidics
- Understanding in optics is plus
- Independent, work towards an objective rather than following instructions
- Structured approach to work and persistence in the face of challenges
- Good communication skills to present results and challenges clearly
- Flexible mindset to improvise and to adjust to changing situations
Qualifications & Profile
- MSc degree in Microengineering, Material Sciences or similar
- 0-3 years’ work experience
- For this or a similar role, a Master Thesis project or 6-month internship can be considered
- English (required), German is a plus
What NILT offers
- Dynamic but easy-going start-up work environment with flat hierarchies
- Newly built office and cleanroom facilities next to the train station of Horgen and Lake Zurich
- Opportunity to grow with the company and develop skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Flexible working times and strong team spirit
We will evaluate applications as they are received, and we will be happy to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than 30th of September 2020. Start date: as soon as possible, flexible.
We encourage you to send us your application by email to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “SNR Development Engineer_your name”. The application should as minimum include a motivation letter and a CV showing previous related experiences.
Your application may be stored with the company for up to 6 months unless you request otherwise.