Optical Design Engineer
NIL Technology is growing and we are looking for our new colleague to join our R&D team in Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark.
We are looking for an experienced Zemax/OpticStudio wizard for designing miniature optical modules for imaging and projector optics in consumer applications based on diffractive optical elements (DOEs) and metasurfaces.
The work includes everything from the assessment of feasibility of optical requirements for optical modules to concept designs and full detailed design of such modules. Further tasks are performance simulations including for example MTF, PSF for imaging systems and FoI and illumination profile for projector optics, and tolerance analysis and Monte Carlo simulations for yield analysis.
You will work in close collaboration with the other designers of modules, metalenses and DOE lenses in our optical design team, but you will also work closely together with our engineering and production teams as well as our sales team in customer dialogues.
You will be part of a company that offers a fast moving and busy work environment, where all opinions are valued together. We have a strong team spirit and a profound “we win and we lose together” attitude which we value and culture. See more on: nilt.com/join-us/
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position
- Design of optical systems for imaging and projection systems
- Full design of lens modules based on DOE and metalenses
- Customer dialogues and evaluation of feasibility of customer requirements
- Tolerance analysis and design for manufacturing
- Prepare high-quality design reports both for internal use and for customers
- Engage with the optics design team to improve and further develop our design capabilities
- Update your colleagues on new findings as well as challenges
- MSc, PhD or similar in optical engineering
- Extensive experience with design and analysis using Zemax/OpticStudio
- Industry experience with
- design and analysis of imaging and/or projector systems for visual or near infrared applications like cameras or sensors, preferably for consumer applications
- building system concepts and designs based on customer optical requirements
- Monte Carlo simulations for yield analysis
- Experience with programming in Python, C++/C#
- Experience with design of 3D sensing modules like time-of-flight, structured light, Lidar or similar is an advantage
- Experience from using the diffractive surfaces in Zemax and to program Zemax in general i.e. write custom DDLs and to use the ZOS API interface with Python will be an advantage
- Outstanding reporting and presentation skills
- Open mindedness and to work independently and in team
- Structured and analytical work approach
- Excellent communication skills (in English as we are an international team)
- Ambitions and continuous strive to deliver best possible results
- Curious personality who is always trying to find reasonable explanations
- Flexibility and ability to quickly change daily operations when needed
- You will adapt to the NILT-team spirit where company/team success are above personal glory and achievements
- From the start you need to show that you can work as a part of the team and be very collaborative with your colleagues
- Develop state-of-the art designs of lens modules containing diffractive optical elements and metasurfaces to be transferred to our production team and to our customers
What NILT offers
- Dynamic but easy-going start-up work environment with flat hierarchies
- Opportunity to grow with the company and develop skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Flexible working times and strong team spirit
Start date: as soon as possible. The workplace will be Copenhagen, Denmark.
We will evaluate applications as they are received and we will be happy to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than Monday 25 January 2021. We encourage you to send us your application by email to [email protected]. Please use subject line “Optical design engineer_your name”. The application should as minimum include motivation, CV and a description of previous related experience.
If you have questions about the position or NILT in general, you are welcome to send an email to [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please refer to what position you would like to apply to.
Your application may be stored with the company for up to 6 months unless you request otherwise.