Optical Characterization Engineer
NIL Technology is growing, and we are looking for a new colleague to join our team in Horgen (Zürich) Switzerland. As our Optical Characterization Engineer in the Engineering team, you will focus on the optical characterization of our nano- and microoptic components.
As a member of a project team you will take responsibility for the testing of components and provide feedback to the process and design engineers and our customers. You will therefore be in close contact with the optical design group and the process development team and work closely together with colleagues in Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden and US.
In your role you will also design and build new optical setups capable of measuring the performance of our parts and maintain, optimize and automate existing setups. Another important task is the analysis of the measurement data and the preparation and presentation of the reports.
You will be part of a company that offers a fast moving and busy work environment, where all opinions are valued together. We appreciate team spirit and mutual success very high. We have a profound “we win and we lose together” spirit which we value and culture.
Read more about working at NILT here: https://www.nilt.com/join-us/
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position
- Testing of optical components
- Design, build and optimize optical test setups
- Perform data analysis on measurement data
Hard Skills & Experiences
- Hands-on person knowing how to work in an optical lab
- Good communication skills
- Background in optics
- Independent, work towards an objective rather than following instructions
- Structured approach to work
- Good communication skills to present results and challenges clearly
Qualifications & Profile
- MSc degree in Microengineering, Optics, Photonics or similar
- For this or a similar role, A Master Thesis project or 6 month internship can be considered
- 0-5 years work experience. Graduates are welcome.
- English (required), German is a plus
What NILT offers
- Dynamic but easy going start-up work environment with flat hierarchies
- Newly built office and cleanroom facilities in the “Seehallen Horgen” next to the train station of Horgen and Lake Zurich.
- Opportunity to grow with the company and develop skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Flexible working hours and strong team spirit
We will evaluate applications as they are received and we will be happy to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than 30th of September 2020. We encourage you to send us your application by email to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Optical Characterization Engineer_your name”. The application should as minimum include motivation, CV and a description of previous related experience.
You application may be stored with the company for up to 6 months unless you request otherwise.