Meta Optics Development Engineer for SWIR Applications
NIL Technology (NILT) designs, develops and delivers optical elements and components for consumer electronics, with a strong focus on 3D sensing. Based on our technology leadership in high-accuracy masters and experience in replication and testing of optical components, we are committed to being first with next generation of advanced optical sensing and imaging products. To achieve this, we are growing our team and looking for a development engineer to join our meta optics team based in Kongens Lyngby, Denmark.
Your responsibility is to develop/identify materials and processes to enable prototyping and mass production of optical elements and components for SWIR applications. The position requires both theoretical understanding of the materials and processes for meta optics as well as hands-on work in the lab to develop the process and fabricate and evaluate prototypes.
You will work closely with our material, optics, process and product teams, spread across our sites in Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland and US. You will be based in our headquarters in Kongens Lyngby, Denmark and your work will primarily be carried out in the DTU Nanolab cleanroom facility at the Technical University of Denmark. You will report to the VP Business Operations.
You will be part of a company that offers a fast moving and busy work environment, where all opinions are valued together. We appreciate team spirit and mutual success very high. We have a profound “we win and we lose together” spirit which we value and culture.
Read more about working at NILT here: nilt.com/join-us/
Responsibilities of the position
- Identify and develop materials for meta optics for SWIR applications
- Set-up manufacturing processes and make prototypes for SWIR applications
- Characterize the prototypes by physical and optical metrology and feed-back results and learnings to the optics and product teams
- Report internally on progress and present results to the management team
- Contribute to the definition of NILTs next generation products
- Support customer dialogues from a technical point of view
- Travel between NILT sites and to customers (approx. 15%)
- MSc or PhD in applied science or material science
- At least 5 years working experience
- Experience with materials for meta optics
- Good understanding of optics and optical metrology
- Cleanroom working experience, including processes such as dry etching, thin film deposition, atomic layer deposition and nanoimprint lithography and metrology such as scanning electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy
- Entrepreneurial personality, at ease with unstructured problems
- Pro-active and independent working style
- You must be allowed to work in Denmark
What NILT offers
- Dynamic but easy-going start-up work environment with flat hierarchies
- Nice office facilities in our HQ located in Lyngby north of Copenhagen
- Opportunity to grow with the company and develop skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Flexible working times and strong team spirit
We will evaluate applications as they are received, and we will be happy to receive your application as soon as possible and no later than October 18th, 2020. Start date: as soon as possible.
We encourage you to send us your application by email to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Meta optics development engineer_your name”. The application should as minimum include a motivation letter and a CV describing previous related experiences.
Your application may be stored with the company for up to 6 months unless you request otherwise.